Hathern Small Grants
Purpose of scheme
Each year Hathern Parish Council allocates a small sum of money to assist local groups to undertake projects or activities of benefit to the community of Hathern. The grant can be used for a number of purposes including community activities, environmental work, provision of community facilities and recreational events or activities.
Who can apply?
Local groups and organisations are eligible to apply providing the money is to be used for the benefit of the village and its inhabitants. Established groups will be required to provide details of their bank account, a recent bank statement and a copy of their most recent accounts. Newly formed groups are also invited to apply and will also need to provide bank account details.
Those not eligible for a grant
The following are not eligible for a grant:
- Private organisations operated as a business to make profit.
- Individuals requesting funding for personal benefit (this includes sponsorship for charitable purposes, travel grants and educational purposes).
- Organisations requesting funding for religious activities or the promotion of religious causes.
- National organisations that have access to funds from national sources or parent organisations.
- Groups supporting political activity
- Organisations requesting funding for purposes that are the responsibility of statutory agencies.
Under normal circumstances the group or organisation will be expected to raise at least 25% of the total cost from other sources. Because the grant available is limited a maximum of £250 per application will normally apply. If the Council considers that there are exceptional circumstances then it can decide to exceed these limits. Normally only one grant will be given to any group or organisation in any financial year (1st April to 31st March), however in exceptional circumstances the Council can decide to award more than a single grant/year
Small Grants Application Form (PDF, 71 Kb)
Use this form to apply & email to the Clerk when completed.